It’s so easy to get overwhelmed as a mom! There’s so much to do, and you’re being pulled in a million directions. Your kids need you, your husband needs you, your boss needs you, and your home needs tending to!
While I can’t offer you the work-life balance you’ve been craving (let’s be real, there’s no such thing!), I’ve put together an awesome list of motivational overwhelmed mom quotes for those who are overwhelmed and need a pick-me-up!
To be honest, when I was writing this post, I was also feeling stressed out by all of my work and home demands. I was also feeling a bit of working mom guilt. But putting together this list of amazing overwhelmed mom quotes really helped me put things in perspective and feel like “I GOT THIS”!! And so will you.
Ready to feel motivated? Let’s start!
And don’t forget to grab your FREE guide on How to Plan a Stress-Free Week without Burnout, which includes my top hacks and an editable weekly planner to help busy, working moms achieve a calmer, more productive week!
Inspirational Overwhelmed Mom Quotes
Here are some of the best overwhelmed mom quotes broken down by category:
Quotes about trying to be a perfect mother
I love these quotes because there are a lot of moms who are overwhelmed and guilty of trying to do everything right. We go through a constant struggle of wanting everything to be perfect, that we lose sight of what’s important. It’s a lot of pressure that we don’t need to put on ourselves.
At the end of the day our kids don’t need perfection from us, being a happy mother will make you a better mother. Break that cycle of perfectionism, forget the mom guilt, and focus instead on being a good mom who makes her own health and well-being a priority.
1. “Don’t let your struggle become your identity.”Unknown
2. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.”Jill Churchill
3. “Your kids don’t need a perfect mother, they need a happy one.“Unknown
4. “We may not be perfect mothers, but we are perfect mothers for our children.”Unknown
Quotes about being a mother is a blessing
Being a mother is a blessing that comes with its own set of challenges. It’s a full-time job that requires patience, love, and dedication.
But it’s important to remember that being a mother brings joy and fulfillment to our lives. We get the unique opportunity to nurture and witness the growth of another human being, shape their character and support them through life’s journey.
Here are some quotes that celebrate the beauty of motherhood:
5.“The most precious jewels you’ll ever have around your neck are the arms of your children.”Unknown
6. “A mother’s love is more beautiful than any fresh flower.”Debasish Mridha
7. “Motherhood is a choice you make every day, to put someone else’s happiness and well-being ahead of your own, to teach the hard lessons, to do the right thing even when you’re not sure what the right thing is…and to forgive yourself over and over again for doing everything wrong.”Donna Ball
8. “A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.”Honore de Balzac
Quotes about handling stress and struggles
These inspirational quotes speak to the mom who’s overwhelmed, stressed out, and struggling with the tremendous amount of work she is facing.
I’m a good example of a full time overwhelmed working mom: married, with two young kids under 5 which means I spend big chunks of time attending to my work duties, and then have to focus on meal preparation, cleaning, laundry, scheduling medical appointments, etc.
Even with child care, by the end of the day, I am tired! And also anxious from all the items on my checklist I didn’t get done. I strive to be a successful woman at work and a great mother at home who can do it all!
Even highly successful mothers struggle with the balancing act of motherhood. Instead of allowing those tough days to swallow you whole, research time management strategies (and guilt management) and tips for managing stress, and incorporate them into your daily routines.
9.“It is not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.”Hans Selye
10. “Some days, she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day, it still gets done.“Unknown
11. “Behind every great child is a mom that is pretty sure she is screwing it up.”Unknown
12. “Successful moms are not the ones that never struggled. They are the ones that never give up, despite the struggles.”Sharon Jaynes
13. “The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.”Mike Murdock
14. “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.”Dorothy Canfield Fisher
15. “The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.”Jessica Lange
Quotes about being a strong mom
I firmly believe that there is no one stronger than a mother. Even just thinking about pregnancy, a woman endures crazy situations and makes unbelievable sacrifices to have a beautiful baby. She can also be that fearless mother that will protect her family at all costs. That takes a lot of strength, courage, and selfnessness.
She’s often the default parent and puts the needs of her family above all else, even her own sometimes, all out of pure love. When I was a child, my mom had to work multiple jobs while going to school due to our financial situation. She had also just arrived from the Dominican Republic and barely spoke English. I can’t imagine how hard all of that was but I do know now that a mother will do whatever it takes to provide for her family and give them a better life.
Realize that just by being a mom, you are stronger than you know. Here are some great quotes for overwhelmed moms about being a strong woman:
16.“I am a strong woman because a strong woman raised me.”Unknown
17. “A mother is learning about the strengths you didn’t know you had and dealing with fears you didn’t know existed.“Linda Wooten
18. “Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them.”Unknown
19. “You’ll never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.”Bob Marley
20. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”Christopher Robin
21. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.”Agatha Christie
Quotes about appreciating the present
We get so caught up in the day-to-day of working and raising a home, that we often forget to stop and be present. Appreciate and be grateful for all that you have and have worked so hard for. Whether it’s your beautiful home, your healthy kids, or your happy marriage, if you look at what matters in your life, you’ll find so much to be thankful for.
There will be good days and there will be bad days, but it’s a good thing to realize that these moments will pass. You can have a totally different feeling and change your mindset about that day if you just become more present and see the good in that moment. See the beauty in everyday.
22. “Don’t count the days, make them count.”Muhammad Ali
23. “The days are long but the years are short.”Gretchen Robin
24. “Bad moments don’t make bad moms.”Lisa Terkeurst
25. “Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.“Alice Morse Earle
26. “The art of mothering is to teach the art of living to children.”Elaine Heffner
Quotes about the irreplaceable role of a mom
A mother plays one of the most important roles in her child’s life. Your children learn from you and the examples you set for them.
If you’re a happy mom, your kids will feed off of that energy and learn to be happy and proud of their own work. If you are grateful and appreciative of all that you have, your children will learn to do the same. They will grow up to be successful human beings because of you.
Beyond setting examples for them, they also come to you for the love, comfort, and acceptance that you’ve been giving them since they were born. And for that alone, mothers are simply irreplaceable.
27. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.”Cardinal Mermillod
28. “There is no role in life that is more essential than that of motherhood.”Elder M. Russell Ballard
29. “To the world you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.“Unknown
30. “The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.”James E. Faust
31. “Children learn more from what you are than what you teach.”W.E.B. Dubois
32. “Being a mother is not about what you gave up to have a child but what you gained from having one.”Sunny Gupta
33. “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.“Victor Hugo
Frequently Asked Questions
I know it can be hard on some days, where everything, including your work life, feels like it’s all too much. Mom life is not easy and there’s not always a ton of appreciation for mothers, but keep your head up and remember that these frantic moments are temporary.
Focus on the important things and take care of yourself and your wellbeing. As my favorite of these quotes states: “Your kids don’t need a perfect mother, they need a happy one.”
Found these quotes inspiring? Pin and share with a friend!