Getting organized is undoubtedly one of the biggest struggles a busy mom faces. The average mom might complete over 50 tasks in one day alone, from taking care of the kids to managing the household.
Thankfully, there are tons of tools and resources like planner apps, that can help you keep track of everything. Below, I’ve rounded up a list of some of the most helpful planner apps for moms, so that you can get more of your time back and focus on what’s important!
And don’t forget to unlock the secrets to a rejuvenating and productive week with our free guide, “How to Plan a Stress-Free Week without Burnout,” and take the first step towards reclaiming your time and energy!
I spend a great deal of time figuring out how to implement systems that will help me maintain order in my day and reduce chaos and stress. Some of the apps I use include Google Calendar, Trello, and Mint, but there are so many more out there you can use for different areas and phases of your life.
>>Recommended post if you’re looking for physical planners: 13 Top Planners for Working Moms (2023)
Best Planner Apps
Here are some of the best planner apps for moms. To make it easier for you, I broke down this guide into different categories for scheduling, managing projects, creating task lists, meal planning and more!
Best Shared Calendar Apps
It’s hard to keep track of all of your family member’s schedules and important dates coming up! Shared calendars are one of the most useful apps for moms to keep everyone at home on the same page.
- Integration: Experience the epitome of convenience with Google Calendar – a breeze to use and seamless integration with Gmail, Google Home, and a plethora of other apps and services to take your productivity game to new heights!
- Functional: Google Calendar is perfect for setting reminders for important events, including school functions, play dates, and sport activities.
- Shareability: Stay organized together by seamlessly syncing your calendars with members of your household and send event invitations to keep everyone in the loop.
- Customization: You can also customize your calendar with different colors and labels so that you can quickly differentiate events and activities.
- Cost: With a Google account, there is no cost for using Google Calendar.
- Family-friendly: This popular app is designed to help families stay organized and connected through shared calendars. This can help you keep track of everyone’s schedule in one place, and reduce scheduling conflicts and missed appointments.
- Meal planning: One of my favorite features is the meal planning feature. It’s perfect for busy moms who want to plan their meals for the week and save their favorite recipes.
- Shared lists: An extra bonus of using this tool is the ability to collaborate on to-do lists and shopping lists, so that you can stay on top of household chores, groceries, and other tasks—everything from small errands to big projects. You can even transfer ingredients from recipes you’ve saved in the app to your grocery list!
- Cost: While it’s free to use the app, there is a premium option for $29.99 per year if you prefer no ads.
- Create multiple calendars: With TimeTree, you can create multiple calendars, so that you can maintain your own individual calendar as well as a shared family calendar. Or you can create calendars around specific areas of your life, like work, social events, etc. and have them handy all in one app.
- Collaboration: This app is great for coordinating and planning events with your family members. You can easily make shareable notes, send reminders, and create to-do lists for a specific event or activity.
- Customizable: Users of the app love the ability to personalize the app with different colors for the calendars and event labels.
- Feeds: Another feature that sets TimeTree apart is its feed, which allows you to stay on top of any updated appointments, comments and likes from the other members of your calendars.
- Cost: Like the other apps, there’s a basic free version, and a premium version that offers some additional features with no ads.
>>Recommended post: 7 Secrets to Creating a Family Schedule- That You’ll Actually Stick To!
Best Meal Planning Apps
One of the most stressful parts of my day is figuring out what to feed my family! Save time, money, and stress with these innovative meal planning apps!
- Recipe storage: One of the best things about Paprika is the ability to store recipes from blogs, websites, and other sources right in one app. No more having to print out recipes or trying to access them from different places!
- Weekly and monthly planning: You can streamline your meal planning by using the app to plan a week or an entire month ahead so you can avoid last-minute decisions about what to cook.
- Interactive: When you open a recipe on the app, you’re able to add links, images, text and even cross off ingredients when you’re done with them. It will also keep your phone open so that you’re not locked out of your recipe while you’re cooking (one of my biggest peeves when using a recipe on my phone)!
- Time-saving features: The apps includes shopping lists automatically sorted by aisle, as well as timers, measurement conversions, and nutritional information.
- Cross device synchronization: A nice added bonus is that you can synchronize your recipes and meal plans across multiple devices, which is pretty convenient when you need to access your meal plans and recipes on the go.
- Cost: $4.99 one time fee
- Recipe search: Yummly has a HUGE database of recipes so you can quickly find recipes based on specific ingredients, dietary restrictions, cooking time, and more.
- Money-saving meal planning: The app makes weekly meal planning cost-effective with a tool that allows you to scan your pantry with your phone. You’ll receive suggested recipes based on what you have on hand.
- Automatic shopping lists: After choosing a recipe, a shopping list is automatically created. You can even opt for grocery delivery of shopping list items, which is highly convenient when you can’t make it to the supermarket.
- Caters to special diets: If you’re on a special diet, like Paleo, Keto or gluten-free, you can easily set your dietary preferences in the app. This way your recommended recipes and ingredients are filtered to your specific diet.
- Cost: $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year
>>Recommended post: How to Create the Easiest Working Mom Meal Plan
Best To-do Apps
On any given day, moms have a laundry list of to-dos that only gets bigger as the week goes by. Get the running to-do list out of your head and into one of these time-saving task management apps:
- Manage multiple projects: Trello allows you to manage multiple projects at once by creating boards, lists, and cards for your different tasks and responsibilities.
- Customizable: What I love about this app is that you can create boards for different areas of your life, such as work, home projects, and family, and add lists and cards that reflect their unique responsibilities.
- Collaborative: Trello also allows you to easily share boards with your family members or colleagues, making it easy to coordinate or delegate tasks.
- Accessible: You can use the app from multiple devices, including your phone, tablet, and desktop. This allows you to access your boards and stay organized from anywhere.
- Cost: Free for core features, and paid plans starting at $5 per user/per month for small businesses that need more.
- Easy to use: Todoist is user-friendly, with features like drag and drop so you can quickly create tasks and organize them by project or category.
- Integration: One of Todoist’s best features its ability to integrate easily with other apps, including Google Calendar and Slack.
- Reminder and due dates: If you’re running late on due dates, Todoist will send you a reminder so you can prioritize it to get it done.
- Natural language recognition: The coolest part about this app is that Todoist supports natural language requests and will save you time by automatically creating tasks or timeframes for you. For example, you can type “Clean bathroom every Saturday at 9am” and Todoist will create a task for this that repeats every Saturday at 9am.
- Cost: Free for starters, but for more robust features, pricing starts at $4 per month.
>>Recommended post: How to Create a Realistic Cleaning Schedule for Working Moms
Best Apps for Storing Notes
If you’re like me, you’re constantly scribbling random notes and ideas in different places so you won’t forget things. Why not use one of these note taking apps to organize your notes and have them all in one place?!
8. Google Keep
- Versatile: With Google Keep, you can store different types of notes such as text notes, images, and voice notes. This makes it easy for you to capture ideas and tasks in any format you prefer.
- Syncs with Google account: The app syncs seamlessly with your Google account, so you can access notes from any device with internet.
- Collaborative: Google Keep makes it easy to share notes, lists and images with other members of your family.
- Visual organization: You can use labels and colors to categorize your notes and make them easy to find later.
- Cost: Free
- Scan documents: In addition to managing your ideas and notes, you can also scan and store handwritten notes and important documents like IDs and warranty information.
- Store web pages: I also love that Evernote allows you to save articles, pages, and screenshots while you’re surfing the internet.
- Intuitive search: Evernote has amazing search capabilities! For example, you can search within handwritten notes, PDFs, and images that you store in the app.
- Cost: Free for basic features. There are also Personal ($7.99 per month) and Professional ($9.99 per month) plans, which offer more data and premium features such as searching within documents and Google Calendar integration.
Best Personal Finance and Budgeting Apps
It’s important to take control of your household finances and make sure everyone is on the same page with managing their money effectively. While there is nothing wrong with a good ol’ spreadsheet to keep track of your finances, take budgeting to the next level with these impressive personal finance apps:
- Link multiple accounts: Mint is my absolute favorite app for tracking my expenses and budgeting because I can link multiple accounts, such as my bank accounts, investment accounts and credit cards. This helps me get a full picture of my financial situation and net worth.
- Easy budget tracking: Mint saves you time and effort as well by categorizing your expenses automatically and showing you exactly where your money is going.
- Bill reminders: To avoid missing payments or incurring late fees, you can use the app’s reminder feature for upcoming or recurrent bills that need to be paid.
- Goal setting: One of the best ways to use Mint is for setting financial goals, such as saving for college tuition or a family vacation, and keeping track of your progress.
- Cost: Free
- Envelope budgeting– Goodbudget uses the envelope budgeting system, a popular method for managing finances in which you allocate money into different categories, such as groceries, utilities, and entertainment. With this app, you essentially create “virtual envelopes” so you can track your spending and stay within your budget.
- Syncing: Goodbudget syncs across devices and allows multiple users to access the same budget, so that you can share your budget with your partner or family member.
- Resource library: The app has an impressive library to help you improve your financial literacy. It includes articles, courses, and podcasts on topics such as paying off debt, envelope budgeting, purchasing your first home, and saving for college.
- Hands-on: While the app doesn’t allow you to sync your accounts the way Mint does, some people may prefer a more hands-on manual approach to expense tracking so they can monitor their progress.
- Cost: There is a free basic version, but to get access to more features, like the ability to sync to more than 2 devices and unlimited “envelopes”, you’ll need to purchase the Plus plan at $8.00 per month.
These are just a few of the many planner apps available to help you keep track of everything from your kids’ activities to your grocery list. Choose any of these apps, or a combination of a few, to help you stay organized and on top of your busy schedule.
Ready to have the most productive week ever?! Download our FREE guide “How to Plan a Stress-Free Week without Burnout” so you can have more time for yourself and your goals!