The preschool years, ages 3 to 5, are some of your child’s best years. Their imagination and creativity is exploding, their independence is growing, and their social skills are developing. Your child will spend much of this time exploring the world around them and learning through play.
That’s why the best gifts for preschoolers are fun educational gifts, such as STEM and Montessori toys, games, and pretend play sets that encourage creativity, learning, and independent play.
*This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on the link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
I know how difficult it can be to scour the internet and read reviews for hours to find the perfect gift for your preschooler. I spent more time than I care to admit finding my crafty 4-year-old the perfect gift for her birthday (I settled on a Melissa and Doug art easel which she LOVES!).
To save you time and effort, I rounded up a list of great gifts your preschooler will love, whether you’re buying a gift for their birthday or for the holiday season!
For more gift ideas and product guides, check out:
- 9 Best Holiday Eco-Friendly Toys for 2 Year Olds 
- 11 Unique Gifts for Crafty Moms
- Ultimate Baby Registry Guide for Practical Products in 2021
Best Gifts for Preschoolers
Here is a detailed list of the best gifts for preschoolers, that are highly reviewed popular toys and equally loved by parents and kids:
- Both my kids’ favorite toy! It’s one of the few they play with everyday!
- Melissa and Doug is an amazing brand for unique and high quality children’s toys that are meant to spark imagination and a sense of wonder in children.
- Comes with 28 pieces including ice cream scoops, toppings, cones and cups, scooper, tongs, wooden spoon, pretend money, and even a menu!
- Great toy for pretend and creative play between siblings and friends.
- 3D magnetic building sets with 48 colored shapes that allow little kids to build towers, castles, forts, anything they can imagine!
- STEM approved toy that will challenge kids and combines math, science, and creativity.
- Has educational goal of shape recognition, teamwork and cooperation skills, and fine motor and spatial skills.
- Has a 5 star Amazon rating with over 8,000 reviews. Users state that the Magna-tiles are worth the money for their durability and educational benefits.
- This kitchen has so many fun features including lights and sounds on the stovetop and microwave, knobs that click and turn, and an ice maker that dispenses plastic ice cubes.
- Great toy to engage your preschooler in imaginative play while teaching them practical life skills of cooking meals, organizing, and washing dishes.
- Has an Amazon rating of 4.5 stars with over 940 reviews. Users love the KidKraft kitchen’s perfect size, easy assembly, and it’s resemblance to a real kitchen.
- My daughter loves this easel. She can sit and paint independently, but also paints with her cousins and friends when they come over.
- Multiple uses- your child can paint, as well as use the dry-erase board and the chalkboard on the other side of the easel.
- Comes with locking paper roll holder, clip grips, and 2 large plastic trays.
- Great gift to help build your preschooler’s fine motor skills and creativity!
- Has 4.5 stars Amazon rating with over 7,000 reviews.
- This fun robot comes with removable body parts, a kid-friendly screwdriver, bolts, and stickers that allow your child to screw, drill, and decorate their robot.
- Helps your child build coordination, fine motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and creative thinking skills.
- Fun way to introduce STEM learning to preschoolers through basic engineering and constructive play.
- Has 4.5 stars Amazon rating with over 3600 reviews.
- HABA is a German family-owned company that is known for their strong commitment to environmental responsibility, safety and quality design.
- The object of this fun Montessori toy is to help the colored balls find their way home to their matching colored garage.
- Fosters concentration, strategic thinking, visual spatial skills, and color recognition in children.
- Makes a great travel toy for long road trips and flights.
- Has 4.5 stars Amazon rating with over 5,900 reviews.
- Bring out your preschooler’s creative side with this classic toy- LEGOs! This colorful starter building set will allow your child to make their own creations.
- Includes 80 bricks in different colors that are toddler-friendly. Can create 15 easy to build models of real-life objects such as a house, flower, and a whale.
- Encourages kids’ creative thinking, self expression, and open-ended play.
- Has 5 stars Amazon rating with over 4200 reviews.
- These binoculars come in bright colors and were designed perfectly for kids’ little hands.
- They have large easy-placement eyepieces that are focus-free. They are also durable, offer 2x magnification and have a breakaway strap.
- Introduces your preschooler to a scientific tool that encourages them to get outside and take a closer look at nature and their environment.
- 4.5 stars Amazon rating with over 5,100 reviews
- This play set is the perfect present for your vet-in-the-making!
- 24 pieces that include a plush dog and a cat, vet medical equipment such as a thermometer, stethoscope, and bandages, and a tote storage bag.
- Encourages your child to role play and practice empathy for animals.
- 5 Stars Amazon rating with over 8800 reviews.
Preschoolers are a fun but easy-to-entertain bunch. They are bursting with creativity, imagination, and excitement to learn more about the world around them. With that in mind, the right gifts for preschoolers are educational toys and activities, like the ones listed in this guide, that will encourage learning and skill-building through PLAY!
If you found this helpful, don’t forget to PIN and share with your friends!